PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT OF CONTRACT FOR PROFESSIONAL DESIGN SERVICES
AND REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND STATEMENT OF INTEREST
The Richmond Heights Local School District Board of Education (Board), located in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, announces its intent to contract for professional design services for planning and programming services related to a new PK-12 school (Project) and for future design of the building if funding is secured and the Board determines to continue to use the services of the firm selected. Funding could be sought as early as November 2017 through a bond issue. The Board invites design firms and other consultants interested in providing the required services for the Project to submit their qualifications, including the firm’s experience and a statement of interest in the Project.
The Board also plans to establish a file with qualifications of providers of professional design services for use by the Board when design services are needed that will cost less than $50,000 and the architect of record is not used for the improvement. Qualifications for this file include design professionals, engineers, surveyors, and landscape architects. The qualifications of each firm submitted in response to this RFQ will be placed in the qualifications file. Each firm is responsible for updating its qualifications on an annual basis to remain current.
Include the following:
1. Information about the firm’s history;
2. Education, technical training, and experience of owners and key personnel;
3. The firm’s experience in providing substantially similar services in Ohio (i.e., design services for public schools and specifically PK-12 facilities);
4. Ability of the firm to provide services as needed by the Board based upon the firm’s current volume of work;
5. List of consultants used to provide any services not performed by the design firm;
6. Past performance as reflected in references from previous and current clients for which the firm has provided or is providing similar services; please include a list of 5 relevant projects involving similar services performed by the firm during the past 5 years. Include the following information for each project:
a. Project owner, name of project and location;
b. Brief description of the project;
c. Year services were completed or anticipated completion date;
d. Other relevant information about the project and the firm's services;
e. Reference contact person and phone number;
7. The firm's past experience with the Board, if any;
8. The firm’s location and proximity to the site for purposes of attending meetings at the District and observing work in progress.
9. The ability of the individuals identified by the firm who will be responsible for providing services to communicate with the Board and District administrators.
Additional Information Requested for the Project
In addition to the qualifications and information listed in the preceding section, the firm’s submittal should include the following:
1. Identify the partner in charge of the Project and the other individuals assigned to the Project, together with the education, technical training, and experience of these individuals, to the extent it has not been provided in the firm’s qualifications.
2. Provide specific information on project budget development and the firm's experience over the past 5 years with preparing project estimates and construction costs, monitoring project costs, and completing the project within the initial budget.
3. Explain the firm’s approach to incorporating energy efficiency into proposed District improvements that will enhance the design and contribute to energy savings and long-term maintenance and operations of systems for the Project.
4. List a maximum of 4 specific and unique qualifies that set the firm apart from others as it relates to the required services.
5. Provide specific information about any claims asserted against the firm or its professional liability carrier within the last 5 years, including the resolution of the claim.
6. Provide information about the insurance coverages carried by the firm, including professional liability insurance.
Firms submitting statements of qualifications for the available contract will be evaluated and ranked in order of their qualifications. Following this evaluation, the firms determined to be most qualified may be asked to meet with District representatives to present the firm’s qualifications and proposed approach for the Project before final selection is made. Upon selection of the firm determined to be most qualified to provide the requested services for the Project, compensation and an agreement for services will be negotiated and prepared for the Project.
The Board wishes to select a design firm for presentation to the Board as soon as possible and begin working immediately with the firm selected. Design professionals wishing to submit qualifications for the Project must do so in writing before 10 a.m. on March 6, 2017. Submittals received after this time will not be returned unopened. Submit 1 copy of the firm’s qualifications by mail or overnight delivery to:
Renée T. Willis, Ph.D., Superintendent
Richmond Heights Local School District
447 Richmond Road
Richmond Heights, Ohio 44143
Direct any questions concerning the Project and requested services to Dr. Willis by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.