Dear RHES Families,
At the Elementary School...
As we prepare for Monday morning (a regular work day schedule), Please be aware the following bullets so we all have clarity around expectations and next steps:
- Please be sure to explain and communicate the expectations for assignments and learning to students while they are out.
- Blizzard bags for students who are absent tomorrow should be brought to the office at the end of the day. They can be picked up by parents from the office.
- Since we are at the end of the 3rd qtr. please collect work that is due. I’m asking that you be supportive of students who may need a bit more time especially in light of all that is happening.
- A digital or hardcopy of your spring break packet is due to me no later than noon on March 16, 2020.
- Desks/Lockers will need to be cleaned out before students leave. Please ensure students are taking all belongings home (especially clothing items).
- We will have a staff meeting at 3:15 to provide the latest update regarding our response to the coronavirus (COVID 19).
- After School Activities- All after school activities are cancelled. All students will exit the building at 3:00 unless attending Step By Step.
- Lesson Planning Materials- Please take your materials home to provide lessons should the break be extended.
- Grades- Grades will be due no later than Thursday, March 19, 2020 @ Noon. Report cards will be run and mailed Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Food Trucks- During our time away, our food service company Chartwells will provide daily lunches to the community.
The schedule is as follows: ? Loganberry @ 11 A.M. ? City Park by the Gazebo @11:25 A.M. ? DeSand Park @ 11:50 A.M.
- Please be cognizant of the fact that there are students for whom this is very distressing. Students, especially at elementary, find stability, routine, safety, and love and care within our school. Even our most challenging students will miss being with us daily. Assure them we are available to contact via Class Dojo and the school office if they need anything.
- Let’s wear Spartan Gear tomorrow to show our unity as we all support one another during this unprecedented time in our country. More to come tomorrow! See you soon!
Mrs. Elizabeth Boyd,
Elementary School Principal
Please be advised that Spectrum Cable is providing 60 days of free internet service
to support online education needs. You can call the service department at 877-906-9121 or 877-488-8398.
At the Secondary School...
As we approach Monday morning, please be sure to explain and communicate your expectations to students while they are out. Also, be sure to collect any work that will close out the 3rd quarter. If students still have work to submit and did not receive the robocall informing them to bring their work Monday, please provide them the ability to email it to you or complete it before leaving. During these unprecedented times, we must be cognizant of exceptions. While we prepare to receive our students tomorrow morning, be advised of the following:
All staff MUST provide me a digital or hardcopy of their spring break packets no later than noon on March 16, 2020.
Spartan Spirit- Please come in your Spartan gear tomorrow. Although we are sending our students off on an extended break, we want to provide a sense of calmness to them as well. Let them know that Spartan Pride is alive and well and will be upon their return.
Lockers- We will have all students 7-12 clean out their lockers during 2nd period. I will make a P.A. announcement but please feel free to inform them prior to.
Staff Meeting- While the situation surrounding COVID-19 remains fluid, we will meet at 2:45 in the HUB for any updates and outgoing announcements
After School Activities- All after school activities are cancelled. All students will exit the building at 2:30.
Regular Bell Schedule- We will adhere to a regular bell schedule for Monday.
Lesson Planning Materials- Please take your materials home to provide lessons should the break be extended.
Grades- Grades will be due no later than Thursday, March 19, 2020 @ Noon. Report cards will be run and mailed Friday, March 20, 2020.
Food Trucks- During our time away, our food service company Chartwells will provide daily lunches to the community. The schedule is as follows:
End of the year activities- I will keep everyone updated regarding the status of our year ending activities as we progress through this crisis.
Mrs. Marnisha Brown,
Secondary School Principal