Here you will find information
is the PEL (Parent Engagement Liaison)
- What is Title I and how does it impact my child
can I offer INPUT / FEEDBACK
- Upcomming EVETS & OPPORTUNITIES to be involved
Who/What is PEL
The Parent Engagement Coordinator serves as the liaison between school and parents, relaying the needs of one to the other. The PEL Parent Coordinator also promotes the sharing of power with parents as decision-makers, assisting parents in understanding the educational system so that they may become better advocates for their children’s education.
Your Richmond Heights PEL Parent Engagement Coordinator is available via email anytime to answer questions, offer support, and receive INPUT & FEEDBACK.
How can I get involved?
Parents, you can influence the success of your student in school more than any teacher or federal program. By becoming an active participant in the Title I parent involvement plan at your school, you will:
- Serve as a role model, showing your student that you support his/her education.
- Assure that you are aware of your student’s educational progress; thereby demonstrating its importance.
What does research tell us?
Research shows that how well students do in school depends a great deal upon how much their parents get involved in their education. You can become more involved by:
- Joining local and national school/parent organizations
- Supporting school extra-curricular activities
- Volunteering at the school
- Attending parent-teacher conferences
- Communicating with your student’s teacher regularly, by writing notes, telephoning the school, etc.
- Keeping your student’s teacher informed about events in his or her life which may affect his/her performance at school
- Discussing with your student’s teacher and parent organizations other ideas for parent involvement